Monday 25 June 2007

Hear yee, hear yee!

Hello. This is Chidorii, undead priest of Vashj-EU. I thought i might start my own PvP-blog since it seems to be the trend these days. Perhaps I should start by telling you MILLIONS of readers that are bound to read this a little about myself. My name is Johan, i live in Sweden and today i turn 19. As I said I play a priest called Chidorii in the 5v5 team calle Tarmed and i belong to a PvP guild named Le Damàge. I have been playing priest since i got the game, shortly after release. On level 60 i did a lot of pve playing shadow priest from BWL to Naxx.


Season one i played in three different teams. Started out not playing 5v5 at all, but after a while me and my friends Murph (warrior) Esko (hunter) and Glasmastarn (druid) joined a team of russians called Comedy Club. We were pretty bad, zero communication etc but managed to beat some top rated teams anyway. Our rating was at ~2k when i got the offer to join a higher rating team of high profile PvP'ers on my server called Testify. Since we were hardly playing and no one took it seriously i took the offer. We played a setup of 2xWarrior/Mage/Pala/Priest. This team had way better communication and more experienced players and we ended up qualifying for the next tournament stage with a rating of about 2385.


Our mage decided he didn't want to play the game anymore, and also had some problems with his connection. Because of this we didn't get to play one single game on the tournament server, but i really wasn't that upset, partly because i understood the mage's (Drifting) situation, and partly because i didn't really dig the atmosphere in the team. I had already started making plans for the team i play in today.


Esko, Glasmastarn, Murph and me we're going to make a new team together with a good friend of ours, Fontaine, who plays a paladin. He had been playing with IRL friends in a high rating team called Full Patàge, but after they tilted their rating just before the qualification date the whole team bar Fontaine lost the will to play. So we created Tarmed.
We have had quite a few members come and go. We started out playing the "power trip" setup of Mage/Hunter/Warrior/Priest/Pala, but our mage (Zantha, the mage from Full Patàge) eventually got tired of playing and stopped showing up which really screwed us over since this was in a patch where mages were invaluable because of counterspell imbalance etc. We also had an under geared elemental shaman at the time, but he stopped playing too. Won't go on about this, but we've gone through our fair share of players which hasn't really allowed us to perform at the level we should.


Our biggest problem is usually getting a decent setup online, we've been forced to play tri-healer (druid/pal/priest) with warrior/mage which is terrible, or tri-healer with warrior/hunter which is decent. Lots of back and forth, quitters, joiners, stand-ins etc. You get the picture, it's been a mess.
Anyway. We now have the following players: Fontaine (Paladin) Chidorii (Priest) Esko (Hunter) Lucalo (Mage) Dassantwo (Warrior) Glasmastarn (Druid) Eldpojken (Warlock).


I think that we finally have a line up that we can play consistently and perhaps get good with. But changes might still come, you never know. I for one am getting a bit tired of playing priest, and i have my eyes on my brothers retired level 60 shaman. So there it is, the introduction. We'll see if i continue this.

PS. I always forget to write "I" instead of "i" and i cba correcting them all, so bear with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should've been there to CLICK heal u but well i'm not CLICKing anymore so i've sill been there to heal u my uber chidorii shadowpriest of godness (k)